Welcome to Citron Class's Page!
This week we have been identifying all of the things we have learnt this term in Mathematics and English. . Next week we will be writing our own Christmas Ninja stories in English and we will be comparing and estimating measures and learning about time in Mathematics.
Stars of the week:
Values Award for Respect: Zak
Home Learning : Lewis
Timetable - what you need to bring in each day.
Monday - PE kit, Reading Record, Library books
Tuesday - Reading Record
Wednesday - Reading Record, Home Learning books.
Thursday - Reading Record, Spelling books
Friday - Reading Record, Swimming Kit
Optional Home Learning Task Autumn 2018
Project Home Learning – Optional tasks.
This half term, our Science topic is Living Things and their Habitats. We would like you to go on a habitat hunt and tell us what type of organism lives in that habitat! You could explain why certain organisms live in the habitat/s you have found or find out how they are adapted to their habitat. You could look outside in the garden, in the park or woods to find a habitat. You can present your findings in any way you wish, diagrams, photographs or writing.
We have included some definitions to help you.
Habitat: a habitat is a place in which plants and animals live where they are provided with food, water and shelter.
Organism: an organism is the special name we give to any living thing.
Adaptation: this means that organisms have special features which help them to survive in their habitat.
Year 4 Home learning: Due in 12th December 2018
Maths home learning.
You are asked to solve a range of problems using addition and subtraction to find out how much people have spent on their travels at Christmas.
1. If Kim flies from New York to London (£389) and then onto Cairo (£258), how much change will she get from £1000?
2. Taj wants to fly from London to Tokyo (£701) and then onto Sydney (£538). How much will he save if he flies direct to Sydney (£1197)?
3. For business class flights the price increases by £200 per flight. How much would it cost Joy to fly business class from London to Tokyo (£701)? How much change would she get from £1000?
4. Fernando lives in Buernos Aires and wants to go on holiday to Tokyo. Should he fly to Sydney (£1256) and then to Tokyo (£538) or to New York (£299) then London (£389) and then to Tokyo (£701) for the cheapest flight?
5. Mirai wants to get from New York to Cairo (£676) and then Tokyo (£452). How much will it cost her? How much change will she have from £2499?
YEAR 4 HOME LEARNING
DATE SET: FRIDAY 7th DECEMBER 2018
SPELLINGS, READING AND TIMES TABLES
DATE DUE: THURSDAY 13th DECEMBER 2018
Please practise all of the words on the key spelling list, and choose a challenge. You can do more than one challenge if you want to!
Please make sure you read at least 5 times per week (this could be every week day for at least 10 minutes) and record what you have read in your reading record. The reading challenge will be 7 times per week (every day for ten minutes) and don’t forget to ask an adult to sign your entries!
This week, we will be learning the multiplication facts for the 6 times tables. Please practise in order and mixed up!