We are a nut free school
Our school meals are cooked by Hertfordshire Catering on the Infants’ school site and served in our school hall. If ordering a school meal, there are four options available each day.:- Red-a Meat/fish dish, Green-Vegetarian, White-Jacket potato with a choice of fillings or Yellow-a packed lunch (cold).There is also a choice of desserts. Children can choose to have a school meal any day of the week by simply picking their daily option at the start of the day in their classroom. The current cost of a school dinner is ￡2.80 per day. Payment can be made via School Gateway, our online payment system, or by cheque (payable to Hertfordshire Catering Ltd) or cash. We ask that payments be made daily, weekly or half-termly in advance. Children also have the option to bring in their own packed lunch and these are eaten in our school hall. For the health and safety of all our children, we are a nut free school. We thank parent/carers in advance for supporting our healthy eating message. If you are struggling with ideas for a healthy packed lunch, please contact Ms Pyke in school who will be happy to help you.
Free School Meals
Your child may qualify for a free school meal, if you receive any of the following Income Support /allowances:
• Income based Jobseekers Allowance.
• Income related Employment Support Allowance.
• Child Tax Credit (providing you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than
• Pension Credit (Guarantee Credit).
• Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999.
• Working Tax Credit run-on. (paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit.
To find out more or apply you can ask at the school office or contact Hertfordshire Council on tel: 0300 1234048; website: hertfordshire.gov.uk.
Thank you for supporting our children in ensuring that we remain a nut free school.